Environmental Action Plan
Busabout will endeavour at all times to manage the services operated by the company in such a manner that will preserve the environment.
As an operator Busabout will -
- Work in partnership with Transport for New South Wales in planning services and incorporate regular community and passenger consultation into service planning and review.
- Develop a bus network within the contract region on an evidence-based approach to existing and potential patronage.
- Aim to comply with all environmental legislative requirements.
- Consider the environment in all strategic business decisions at all levels across the region, including:
- using appropriate environmental management practices in the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of vehicles and plant, and
- working pro-actively to prevent polluting incidents, reduce environmental emissions and optimise the energy efficiency of all operations.
- Maintain NSW Clean Fleet Accreditation
- Monitor, review and record the region’s environmental performance.
To achieve Busabout’s environmental objectives, the company will look at the following areas:
Service Planning – monitor routes and patronage levels.
Fleet and depot management –
- Purchase buses that achieve the maximum performance and have the least environmental impact.
- Depot Management - manage pollutants at all times, install systems for collecting waste and ensure the disposal of this waste is ecofriendly.
- On Road operations; maintain vehicles to ensure maximum performance with least emissions.
- Staff Training – train drivers on eco-driving techniques.
Maintain a system of records to report against the following:
- fuel Consumption
- overall fleet profile
- driver training and
- patronage Growth
Busabout is committed to providing eco-friendly transport services to provide a better environment for you and your family.